Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Departure - Leaving Rwanda

Just in case I had to fit any more work into the last few minutes of a job, I finished packing with about two hours left of time before needing to go to the airport. Joseph showed up and we put the finishing touches on his course, burned his course onto a CD, and updated some information in the online course database.

I also talked to Ishmael about his coming to the states on scholarship to play football. I need to make sure I finish that movie for him before the end of the week so I can give it to the coach in Delaware. I hope everything works out for him. It would be a great opportunity for him to go to the states and take some courses. I also think it would be a great opportunity for him to play football.

After returning the keys, I said goodbye to Manuela, Laura, Joseph, and Salvatory. Everything went smoothly at the Airport and now I am sitting waiting for the plane to arrive so I can finish the few legs back home. It is a nice way to finish this trip. Music is playing on the television with Rwandan traditional dancing. Music truly is at the heart of these beautiful intriguing Rwandan people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home