Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Rungeri Hospital

In Rungeri we met up with Felix to take a tour of his hospital. Throughout the tour I was impressed with his ability to use limited funds to get a job done. There were shortcomings with the hospital, but he literally was working miracles in the city. Most of the cases that he treated were Malaria and HIV. His hospital delivered a lot of babies and had a substantial orthopedics section. They had 10 computers with internet connection, a lab, a pediatrics center, also a surgery building. The doctors were limited and their interns were in large part funded from outside organizations and were from Rwanda and other countries.

Felix said that He needed the following:
  • Pharmaceutical software

  • Financial Management software

  • Human Resource software.


  • In order of importance he said the following would be helpful
    1. Equipment and doctors
    2. Funding (Financial base)

    After visiting Felix we began the windy drive back to the states. I got sick driving back to the states and ended up throwing up out the side of the bus. I felt better later in the evening after I had gotten some bread and water into my system. I guess Okapi cars are better than busses on my stomach.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home