Thursday, June 01, 2006

Work Building Up

As you can see from the number of posts that I have been able to post recently, I am getting a lot busier. The internet had gone down for three days which also posed a little drawback in course design.

I am currently working on a course for faculty members to take on distance education course design to put up on Moodle. The course I am creating is a formative evaluation of the materials I have created for teachers to follow when creating course materials. The test is going really good so far and only minimal changes have had to be made with the materials that I have created.

I am working with a professor that is creating a course for distance education. It is taking a large amount of time for him to finish his lecture information for his slide shows. He is teaching at two institutions and is currently working on a few research programs as well.

In addition to this I have been working with Solange on revamping the web site to be more usable by faculty and students. We have the areas of the web site ready to go, but need to put together the information so we can submit the information to the web designer for creation.

Right now projects are mounting up, web site, courses, teacher development, and also assisting students who don't understand how to use WebCT for posting information from last semester.

I don't feel overwhelmed, but meeting deadlines may be difficult if we don't find some solutions to the slow internet bandwidth and slow teacher information creation.
I may have to start cracking the wip on already taxed faculty members, but that may be the nature of the beast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home